Popular Posts

Sunday, October 24, 2010

casteless society!!!!!!!! (enlighten through my friend)



               Two weeks back one of my close friend a guy invited me to his house for dasara (gollu) who had studied with me in primary school then we got separated and later became close friends through social networking site.
One fine Saturday evening i went along with another friend to his house, we crossed many ups and downs, pits etc.. that area made me to feel the post independence period and after many struggle we reached his house. Though the area is not good his house looks pretty with garden and made me to feel the peaceful. His parents welcome us traditionally. Along with us there were three more friends came to his house.
               When I ve started to look gollu its quite beautiful with 10 avatars dolls, meera, chettiar dolls and some of the lords dolls made the flashback flashes into my mind. when I was a child I forced my parents to celebrate gollu though we don’t have a such a custom of practice, my lovable parents fulfilled my wish. While I’m enjoying with my sweet memories his mom interrupted and told we are not getting sand made dolls in this area, here we can get only peengan dolls  its not looking good. The next moment i thought myself to get a good dolls for her sure.. from kuralagam(parrys) where i had bought cricket set, marriage set, garuda seva set, village set, parvathi shivan dolls etc.. With my dad when i was a child.
               His parents were more jovial and friendly. I liked them a lot and their innocent way of speaking without keeping anything in their mind. But my mind set at that time was that i came  to a  friend’s house for 1st time so i have to be quite and calm in order to give respect for elders and to impress them. But his parents asked me lots of questions like how do you know my son, how you are maintaining friendship from the childhood, how you know the guy who came along with you etc which made me uncomfortable and I started blabbering something something because I don’t know how to explain our social networking friendship. I thought he would feel bad about me, so I tackled somewhat the situation and remained quite to avoid further questions.
              His parents are the pakka representatives of their community, I observed this by their way of speaking tamil, English and with their knowledge. Among us one of his colleague, a girl belongs to their community, both the girl and his parents made lots of comedy by praising each other, his parents asked us to sing a devotional songs, except that girl, no one learnt music and don’t know anything about ragam shruthi etc. so that girl sang a devotional song, her voice was very sweet but her throat dint help her to sing well. After when she finished singing his mom asked her it is kalayani ragam na? she told wrong and corrected with someother ragam and again his mom mentioned some keerthanai name and told this belongs to this keerthanai na? that girl again corrected with some other.. it was very funny to watch . That girl started praising or kidding his mom I don’t know, that his mom is very brilliant and knows everything.
           Then his parents asked me to sing, I hesitated and refused their request, for this they insulted me that you won’t shine in your law profession because you are very quite and we couldn’t believe that you are an advocate. This statement made me to worry a lot and thought of arguing with them like this… that who told you that advocate speaks a lot. This is a bad impression does everyone has, that’s not a real thing. Good lawyer never speaks lengthy we ll speak less but with strong points. Because words are our business so we don’t waste it unnecessarily.. but I dint argue with them I controlled my feelings and consoled myself to be calm and give respect to elders.
           Then they praised that girl indirectly with her area name MYLAPORE is a MYLAPORE you ve  been proved that you are from mylapore nu… this made me more shock and Finally at the end of the situation his mom gave some gifts and sundal, with that I left his house.
           While I was coming back to home I was thinking about the past generations.. even my dad is a more caste oriented person and used to spend much time in caste sangha which I  hate it .my dad used to tell that he is veera vanniyar and veeram flows in his blood but my mom only knows about his veeram ,he never come out if any quarrels happens wit neighbours, my mom alone fight with them (lol lol lol) .
          And also i was thinking and  wonder how is it possible to my friend to live without any community behaviour, I never find any such kind of community oriented behavior with him till now (2 decades). Even he used to tell that he doesn’t want a girlfriend in his caste, that shows his broad mind.
           When I reached home I got a call from my friend and he told me that their parents are usually more caste oriented and he doesn’t like that attitude. I feel proud of my friend and im lucky to have a friend like him. I feel enlighten through my friend and became confident that the next generation will surely live in and enjoy the casteless society!!!!!! If every youth live casteless life as like him now.

4 comments:

  1. All your posts deals with the basic prob tat prevails int he society ...Future gen ll surely abolish the cast divide ...great post ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post da... i ws surprised tat there s a writter inside u...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @vinodh,archana thank you.. anyway i cant write as like you ppl's range.. if any mistakes forgive and tell me to improve further

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes it was similar to how elders in my caste behave... my relatives etc.... this is usually their mindset.... cant change. but u know wat... when they see our generation and the change in us they secretly admire it... they wont show it.... :) so its all fine.

    ReplyDelete